Under the below mentioned categories, the exports undertaken by IEC holders shall be given more importance for the calculation of the performance of export for the grant of status.
- Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME) as defined in Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises Development (MSMED) Act 2006.
- Manufacturing units having ISO/BIS.
- Units located in North Eastern States including Sikkim and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Units located in Agri Export Zones.
Only one star export house status category should be granted double weightage.
The following categories are not eligible for providing more importance:
- Two Star Export House
- Three Star Export House
- Four Star export House
- Five Star Export House
A consignment can obtain double weightage only once in any one of above categories.
The following are the other conditions for grant of status :
- Export performance of one IEC holder shall not be permitted to be transferred to another IEC holder. Hence, calculation of exports performance based on disclaimer shall not be allowed.
- Exports made on re-export basis shall not be counted for recognition.
- Export of items under authorization, including SCOMET items, would be included for calculation of export performance.